Mother's Day is one of the hardest holiday's to buy for in my opinion! Mom's tend to be the ones who 'don't need anything' or they're like my mom and just go get the things they need making it extra difficult to think of something!
I thought I would help you alleviate some of the Mother's Day stress and compile a list of some of my favorite ideas for Mother's Day this year!
1) Magnolia Cookbook. At first the thought a cook book might seem rather insulting but add a little Jo-Jo in there and you really can't go wrong! This book also just released so it's fresh in everyone's mind and want list!
2) Family Pictures. This seems elementary and lame but at no point in a moms life do they ever tire of showing off their kids. Teaming up with a local photographer could be the perfect way to help your mom stay up to date with her home decor as well as showing off her favorite humans.
3) A Massage. This might not be for everyone, if they don't like to be touched. But chances are your mom is tired, moms work so super hard and the gift of relaxation just can't be beat! And don't skimp out on her - splurge on the full hour! or better yet 90 minutes!!
4) Honeysuckle Gift Certificate. Home decor is never going out of style. It will constantly change though, and giving your mom the gift of choosing and personalizing her own home decor is a win win! Little hassle for you, and she is sure to love it! She get's to pick it out, after all. :)
5) Hire a cleaning service. Ok this one is kind of lame but in all seriousness... my Mother in law has been asking for this for yearssss and I'm not sure why we havn't done it sooner! Mother's Day is about giving your Mom a break and showing her how much you appreciate her! What better way to do that than to have a service come and deep clean her house while she sits back, or better yet goes and gets a massage!
6) YOU! No matter how old us kids get our moms will forever want time with us. Give her the gift of you! Localflavor.com always has awesome deals for restaurants in your local area. Finding a deal and taking your mom out to lunch, spending quality time (PUT YOUR PHONE AWAY!) with your mom.. you just can't go wrong with that!
7) A class. If your mom loves to be crafty or creative find a local art studio and sign up for a paint or DIY class! DIY is so big right now but also is spending quality time. So find a date that works and sign you and your mom up for a class building and creating things together!
I hope this helps inspire you to get creative with your gift giving this year! But ultimately, don't forget to tell her how awesome she is!